Thursday, March 25, 2004

"NEVER OFFER EXCUSES..."

...it shows weakness." Wasn't it Gen. George Patton who said that (played by George C. Scott in the movie)? Well, I'll quit my crying about unwinable battles with AOL because you're all probably sick of hearing about it, and, I hope, by tomorrow, I'll have installed a new provider which I naively think will all go as advertized, and the Doc40 subversion-cyberparty will no longer be in emergency mode, and I'll can roll out all the great stuff on conspiracy and elk milk. I must thank all the crew who've emailed concern and encouragement, lead by HCB who shot me over me a bit from Salon that confirmed all of my worst fears and most acute observations as to how corporate tech support is little short of consumer fraud, and no CEO gives a rat's ass about a vital infrastructure or nation communication resources.

I was going to leave you with a handcrafted link to LA CityBeat and my latest TV diatribe against Jay Leno, but -- although flatteringly strapped on the cover of the print edition -- whatever genius updates the LACB website forgot to post it. Maybe excuses will be offered. Who knows?

Hell, if I was a paranoid as I used to be, I'd probably go back on drugs...

...but what the fuck? (And there is a load of fine readin' in the archives over yonder on the right.)

CRYPTIQUE -- Yarbles.

No comments: