Wednesday, September 29, 2004

WE’LL ALWAYS HAVE PARIS (oh, say it isn’t so)
My informants inform me that, in addition to the discovery of a further twelve hours of sex tapes featuring Paris Hilton and various partners (dare we hope for domestic animals?) Ms. Hilton is also attempting to make the phrase "that’s hot" her legal copyright after which the rest of us English speaking mortals will have to pay her a royalty for the use of these two words. Although it’s not the greatest of the my fury-provoking preoccupations, I must confess I’m not only becoming burned out of the seemingly endless antics of this woman, but also this trend to stake out ownership on bits of the language, which strikes me as the linguistic equivalent of a wild west land grab. Maybe I should copyright the phrase "Fuck off and die"?

XMAS ZEP
And if I did the above, would I make enough on the deal to buy the 12-seater personal Zeppelin feature in the 2004 Neiman Marcus Christmas Book with a pricetag of $10 million? Now that's hot. Right, Paris?


No comments: