Sunday, April 17, 2005

I MUST HAVE MORE POWER TO THE SHIELDS, MR SCOTT!
I have failed to achieve much this weekend because my computer has been under intense and constant attack by viruses for the last 72 hours. My paranoia is as famous as I am, but when – mentored by a immensely patient and determined lady cyber-sensei at Microsoft – I have slaughtered more than 50 trojans on my hard drive since Friday, plus many hundreds of related items, and when detective logic tentatively suggests the first assault inflitrated through Blogger, I have to wonder. I do rather go out of my way to offend people, and many have more than enough advanced tech to fuck with me. Random or deliberate, I’m kinda fried, and my computer feels like the Millennium Falcon after a bad brush with Imperial cruisers. Fun will resume once I’ve written Mick’s Media for next week and conducted damage control. In the meantime, if you haven’t read this killer bit by Frank Rich from the NY Times, do so...

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/04/17/opinion/17rich.html?pagewanted=2&th&emc=th

The secret word is Countermeasures

No comments: