Friday, April 15, 2005

WEEKENDEST LINKS

APOCALYPSE NOW...OOOPS...CHRISTIANITY TODAY
This is all getting a tad absurd. I mean, I don’t mind my stuff being reprinted for free on lefty, goth, or generally surreal or subversive blogs and websites, but when I find myself linked on Christianity Today, well, neighbors, I start to fucking wonder what the fuck I’m doing. I’d complain except the Code of Literary Pillage prevents me.
http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2005/115/11.0.html

ELVIS SAVES
I really had thought that Elvis worship had faded with the 20th century despite all the remixed hits, but this piece of special weirdness from Capt. Chaos seems not only to indicate that it’s alive and well, and also turned shamanistic, but some denominations are big on retribution and Hound Dogs from Hell. To be honest, I could happily take on the gig of High Shaman. What I need is fund raisers and a sharp advisory council. There’s some confusion in the piece, though, as to whether all this is for real, or a role-playing game, but I’m ignoring that part, since I have rather dedicated my life to refusing to distinguish between role and reality. Such niceties never bothered Charlie Manson or Thomas De Quincy. Any offers?
http://bull.dumpshock.com/sr/fcoe.html

ANDREA DWORKIN
While hardly mourning the women, I recently linked hipspinster’s thoughts on her passing and now here’s another view from Susie Bright.
http://susiebright.blogs.com/

LIZARD KINGS
Underland*, the final book of the Renquist Quartet, ends with Victor Renquist confronting the Dhrakuh, or lizard men, in the Hollow Earth. That, of course, is fiction. Some folks, however, take the stuff very seriously (and not just the loathsome David Icke). Cathy O'Brien , a supposed victim of CIA MKULTRA mind-control, claims to have seen George Bush shapeshift into a Reptilian being. (Okay!) And Credo Mutwa, a Zulu shaman, claims that the Zulu people have known of a reptilian species called the Chitauli for centuries. Here is the real obsessive chapter and verse, folks, in super-handy form. My only complaint is that, since I’ve been getting so much attention lately, I’m kinda miffed and pouting I wasn’t cited as a reference along with Tim Leary and Philip K. Dick. Ah well. Fame is slow, they are dead, and I’m not.
http://dinosauroid.biography.ms/

FUZZY BACTERIA
Finally, some girl has sent a link to a vendor of fuzzy, soft-toy germs and viruses from HIV to the Black Death. And also a Martian Lifeform (like they found on that meteorite, dig?)
http://www.giantmicrobes.com

The secret word is Cobalt

CRYPTIQUE -- The Red Death is no mask.

* BUY A BOOK THIS WEEKEND

No comments: