Wednesday, September 28, 2005

AIN’T RETRIBUTION SWEET?
Could it be that House Majority Leader Tom Delay (the man I’ve always though of as Bush’s loudly born-again Martin Borman) will really wind up as someone’s bitch in a Federal joint? Maybe not, but I can hope.

And talking of hope, I hoped this was a joke, but I’m not so sure...
http://www.happynews.com/

Some mornings the smoke screen is so thick you can’t see the hand in your pocket.

Which reminds me that I should let those you know who are still interested that I continue to battle the king size nicotine jones. I had a bit of a lapse through my last couple of days in Tokyo, but hell, I was smoking Mild 7s and a poor boy can hardly taste those suckers.
I’d pray for strength but...

GOD SEEMS TO BE A BIT OF A PROBLEM
(from Wonkette http://www.wonkette.com/ )
According to a study published in the Journal of Religion and Society, heavily religious democracies such as the United States lag significantly behind less pious, more science-friendly nation states in most key quality of life indicators. The study, conducted by social scientist Gregory Paul, gets this bracing executive summary in the London Times: In general, higher rates of belief in and worship of a creator correlate with higher rates of homicide, juvenile and early adult mortality, STD infection rates, teen pregnancy and abortion in the prosperous democracies. The study concluded that the US was the world’s only prosperous democracy where murder rates were still high, and that the least devout nations were the least dysfunctional. Mr Paul said that rates of gonorrhea in adolescents in the US were up to 300 times higher than in less devout democratic countries. The US also suffered from " uniquely high" adolescent and adult syphilis infection rates, and adolescent abortion rates.

The secret word is Dogbreath

No comments: