Wednesday, September 21, 2005

SO NOW WHAT?
As I watch, Rita turns into a level 5 and, while still recovering from my adventures in Tokyo, I wonder what the hell is going to be left at the end of all this? I also just realized that, before I went away, I forgot in the confusion to issue a warning that I was on BBC 3 in the UK in a show called Forty Years of F**k. Sorry about that, I hope it will repeat.

Meanwhile, it’s been brought to my attention that an Idaho weatherman on KPVI-TV who goes by the name of Scott Stevens seriously claims Japanese Yakuza used a Russian-made electromagnetic generator to cause Hurricane Katrina in a bid to avenge itself for the Hiroshima atom bomb attack - and that this technology will soon be wielded again to hit another U.S. city. For the full story...
http://www.usatoday.com/weather/climate/2005-09-20-wacky-weatherman_x.htm

I heard nothing about this while I was in Japan and I also cannot confirm that the President immediately hired Stevens to head up a massively funded division of Homeland Security. It would seem, though, the Yakuza notwithstanding, The National Enquirer thinks Georgie is back on the sauce...
http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/63426

The secret word is Abandon

No comments: