Monday, May 29, 2006



THE CHE WHO WON’T GO AWAY
Last week, I found myself watching MSNBC’s Hardball with Chris Matthews, and Matthews and that fascist old bag from the National Review whose name I can never remember because she’s so fucking irritating, was making a whole big thing about how kids on the recent immigration marches have been wearing Che Guevara t-shirts. She wasn’t wrong. I noticed much the same myself. Indeed, as a owner of a couple Che shirts myself, plus a large red and black Che flag that hangs on the wall of my study/workroom, I have actually noticed a bunch of Latino and other kids walking around the streets of LA with Che on their chests. Matthews and the old bag seemed ready to make a whole issue out of this, moving towards a paranoid fantasy of some whole new form of Aztlan reconquista communism. I’ve pretty much stopped yelling at the TV screen but I was tempted. "Fools, you don’t know the half of it." The image of Che Guevara may actually have become a non-verbal – and maybe non-philosophical – gesture of the old Howard Beale, "I’m mad as hell and not going to take it any more." The concept is certainly worth a thought.

The secret word is Viva


CRYPTIQUEEvery boredom will be entertained.

AND HERE'S SOME TO GET EXTREMELY MAD ABOUT...

Like the destruction of Andean glaciers out of sheer corporate greed. (And guess who's involved.) http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/pascualama.asp

No comments: