Sunday, February 11, 2007

BLATANT SELF PROMOTION

Among Friday’s comments, Peromyscus noted – regarding Funtopia’s online edition of my very old novel The Tale Of Willy’s Rats – “I didn't know it was online. Mick, I think you should do more BSP (Blatant Self Promotion) in your blog. Currently you don't do any at all. Too much could be irritating but I think “some” is in order. Having said that, the Willy's Rats' page tells me it doesn't exist. That is to say, it gives a 404. (See, a perfect excuse to have that corrected and then post about your books.)”

This other link to the online The Tale Of Willy’s Rats does seem to work. And I also take to heart her comments on how I shy away from self promotion mainly because I tend to get more excited about all that is going on around me (as in the dangerous dog food noted below) than my own career, which, as an entity, is somewhat tedious. Plus it’s not easy to avoid thinking about promoting oneself without recalling all of the idiot publishers who – while doing absolutely nothing to promote me – have suggested I would be of more value to them if I would write like Terry Prachett, to which I (mentally at least) responded that the idiot publishers might be more value to me if their were to practice sodomizing themselves, while I continue, like Popeye the Sailor, to be what I am.

Fortunately, by the adage of one door opening when another closes – even if you may have forgotten the key – a new online publishing venture that might ultimately be wondrous to behold has been eased into the works. That’s about all I can tell you at the moment. A boy hates to boast, but more will be revealed as time goes by. In the meantime, check out the new link to Alive/Total Energy link on the right for some of the best Farren and Deviants CDs, and/or run a Mick Farren search Amazon. Gotta be something that takes your fancy.

The secret word is Income

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew sooner or later the fucker would try to sell me some. When you gonna sigh up with Cafe Press for Doc40 coffee mugs?

Lyle Hopwood said...

Hey, nice "Chairman Mick" poster. Are you going to make it into a Cafe Press t-shirt design? . . . oh, sorry attila the cynic, I didn't see you up there. Seriously, I do appreciate the post and the hint of forthcoming good news on the publishing front.

The squeaking alien looks like some sort of a ray to me.

Topside of a guitarfish ray:
http://www.pelagic.org/biology/guitar.jpg

The mouth and weird "eyes" are on the underside: http://departments.oxy.edu/tops/marinebio/organisms/PH16-18guitarfish.htm

Joly MacFie said...

I did try writing to you about this, maybe it got lost in the spam, buit there is some of your illustrious work, in the form of 'it' front pages in the current 'Radical Living Papers' exhibit in NYC. Such as this and this and of course, god bless Edward, this.

Mick said...

This Radical Living Papers stuff is quite amazing -- for me, at least. Please resend a link to...

byron4d@msn.com

And you know. I really would like a Doc40 coffee mug and Chairman Mick t-shirt.