Tuesday, May 22, 2007



And speaking of the devil, remember last June 6th, when everyone had a jolly drunken satanic time because the numerical date was 6.6.06. Well, now it seems like the out-there Christians (as opposed to the nice Christians, Betsy) are stealing the idea and making July 7th (7.7.07 geddit?) some major prayer event. That it turns out to be the Rapture is probably too much to hope for. I also recall, from 1977, the Rastafarians have some highly negative issues about mixing up sevens. (Heavy manners.) Thus I would, with all due courtesy, suggest to all you snake handling, tongue talkers to proceed with a measure of caution. Meanwhile I’m sticking with 12.21.12 – but more of that later when I explain how I can wax incredibly enthusiastic about something in which I don’t believe. Hell, that’s easy. I spent half a decade writing nosferatu novels.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't remember anything from 1977.

--"We have assumed control"

Anonymous said...

Those who don't remember 1977 will be forced to repeat it.

Anonymous said...

You think we might get a date on that, Mr Secret? I'd like to put it on my calendar.

Anonymous said...

Would someone like to fill me in on who is exactly taking control here? I'm becoming confused.

Anonymous said...

I thnk it's Paris Hilton now she's found Jesus.

Anonymous said...

I think I have to nail a note to the church door.

Anonymous said...

Nail away, but who reads anything on church doors these days. The internet is the way to go -- to wit: this blog.

As for any upcoming rapture.... I can't wait. I live in the mountain west surrounded by more than anyone's fair share of mormons. I hoped (as did they) that 2000 would find them raptured away. No such luck.

Maybe 12-21-12. Or maybe sooner. Per the mayan calendar, the fifth night starts 7-19-07 and is described as the darkest period before 12-21-12. Ruled by the god of darkness it is characterized by destruction. Comparable periods were the dark ages, also the second world war. Nice, huh?

On the bright side, it's followed by goddess of birth, then dawn, then fruition, so hang in there. Anything's possible once the religious folk are outta here!

Anonymous said...

ooopps...
5th night starts 11-19-07... a bit more time to get ready