Tuesday, July 10, 2007



THE TECHNOLOGY OF SUBVERSION
Valerie has sent us two killer clips of laser graffiti in action. The first is happening in Barcelona and is the more exciting of the two. The other is in New York and starts kinda slow but is worth some perseverance. I wish I knew a great deal more about how this works and could see it in live action. I firmly believe that we may well have to take to the streets before this current power cabal is run out of office and the era of hideous bullshit ends, and I could see laser graffiti, flash mobs, and any other 21st century technological innovations being totally applied to direct action and rising up angry.

AND talking of angry, China just executed the head of its pure food and drug agency.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, play some really atrocious "music" as loud as possible and then write naughty words on the side of a building. That's really going to have the powers-that-be quaking...

The secret word is: LAME.

-- still without a name.

Anonymous said...

SDeems like a start. You have a better scenario?

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm..... Laser graffiti. Sounds like it has potential.
Is that the sort of thing you could write on Dick Cheney's head with?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, we spend almost seven fucking years pissing and moaning while the nation goes to war and the planet goes to hell. Half of us don't bother to even vote, and then we get really fucking snotty because someone tries something with an ounce of wit. Nice.

Mick said...

We had the same trouble in the Vietnam era. Protesting freaks were a big fucking joke and Nixon would bring "peace with honour."

Anonymous said...

Letfty,
I wasn't putting it down. Was totally serious.

I sort of picture aliens making crop circles the same way. Beaming down some kind of long-distance microwave writing.

I'd love to see Cheney branded the same way. Something literally burnt on to him long distance.... say a peace sign on his forehead, indelible.

Anonymous said...

Sorry Kass. My misunderstanding. I'd burn Dick Cheney with you any time. Set him to "slow broil."

Your driver said...

Hey, I liked the music. I liked seeing somebody trying something new. I would prefer to see a general strike, maybe a split in the armed forces, then an insurrection seizure of state power... you know, that stuff. Failing that, I'm not gonna sit around and say your protest is uncool. That would be, like, lame.