Monday, September 03, 2007

A ROMANTIC ON LABOR DAY



The translation is “Anarchist books are arms against fascism” (Thank you Valerie.) Which I allow to reassure me that I am not a fraud, because all I do is write or rant about the fight for what I fondly define as liberty. And also, with its Spanish Civil war !No pasaran! romance, the poster totally shames me into renewing my belief that the struggle will continue – must continue – no matter how distracted or diluted it may have become, because, very simply, this planet could be a fucking paradise if we would simply stop abusing and exploiting it and each other.

The secret words are If Only

And here’s the Clash doing “Spanish Bombs” – trite perhaps, but at least Joe always meant it.

3 comments:

Your driver said...

Ain't nothin' trite about it.

Anonymous said...

"Absolute justice is indeed no more attainable than absolute truth; but the righteous man is distinguished from the unrighteous by his desire and hope of justice, as the true man from the false by his desire and hope of truth. And although absolute justice be unattainable, as much justice as we need for all practical use is attainable by all those who make it their aim." --John Ruskin

Anonymous said...

In other words take it on the lam with all the justice you can carry.