Friday, October 12, 2007

OF SINGLE BOUNDS AND TALL BUILDINGS



According to Doug the Bass, the following instruction was included with a child’s Superman Halloween costume. "The wearing of this garment does not enable you to fly."
(The illustration shows the death of Superman in January 1993 – Superman vol. 2 #75. Could it be he didn’t read the label?)

To be honest, today I don’t feel so good. My mind is a slug and I think I am hiding from the more serious stuff like (for instance) indignation at Turkey having the unmitigated gall to get miffed and recall its ambassador after the US House Committee on Foreign Affairs passed a resolution condemning the 1915-17 Armenian genocide by the Ottoman Empire.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm wondering if a ban on all warning labels would reintroduce some much needed Darwinism into western culture. (I'm new in town but I kinda like your style, Doc)

Anonymous said...

Evil Betty is a figment.