Thursday, October 18, 2007



…the psychedelic era would produce some very odd distortions of the basic Alice concept. But then again, Dr Charles Lutwidge Dodgson was exceedingly peculiar.

Yesterday I was also complaining of a certain weariness. (I believe the phrase was “a barely functioning protozoa.”) Apart from anything else, I had knocked out two stories for La CityBeat, one on my feelings about the nostalgia industry and the other on how Hillary Clinton may be leading us to the 21st century nanny state.
But what the hell, why worry? Again I resist the temptation to post Gracie singing "White Rabbit", and run Bill Hicks instead, and (why I’m not sure except it amuses me) The Wall by Korn.

The secret word is Dormouse

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hicks Hicks Hicks Hicks



Colbert for President,
MarkHaspam

Anonymous said...

Tom Waits once described Hicks as a "preacher waving a gun"

Your driver said...

I knew some old time commies back in the '70's. Back in the '50's they were ceaselessly harassed by the FBI. One guy told me that he couldn't keep a job for more than a month before the feds got him fired. That went on for almost five years, during which time he had a wife and several young kids to support. He tended to get crabby when confronted with the '50's nostalgia industry.