Saturday, November 24, 2007

DAYS OF TRYPTOPHAN AND PIES



As the Turkey weekend laboriously grinds on, I do my best to write, sleep, and ignore it since, apart from having no need for any public displays of gratitude, it would seen that what was a dubious concept in the first place (pilgrims, Native Americans, dumb birds etc.) has now degenerated to drooping orgy of overeating, shopping, and football. I can only bring you this quote from Warren Ellis as conveyed by our pal Dr. Adder…
“Don't forget, my Yanqui readers, the true meaning of Thanksgiving: give your neighbors an infected blanket this Thursday and then move into their houses after they're dead.” – Warren Ellis
And, or course the above page from a fundamentalist comic that I stumbled across in my web travels. I find it hard to fathom what these people do with their time when they’re not complaining, praying, swaying to Christian rock, voting Republican, or mindfucking their children. Do I really have spell out the multilateral aberration this work of art.

I suppose they could play human Pacman.

The secret word is Butterball

10 comments:

Shyrie said...

I know it's not terribly important. My boyfriend wanted to use your RSS or ATOM feed. I tried to get it to feed to LiveJournal, but it simply posts a link to your recent post.

I don't know if it can be 'fixed' to show up more information here:
http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=42662

He's really interested in getting the pictures and such on his friends page. If you can't help, thanks anyway.

Mick said...

Wow. I can't be of any help at all. I only drive this spaceship and have little idea how it works on the ATOM level. What pics does your boyfriend want?

Anonymous said...

Anyone notice that Jesus is lefthanded?

Shyrie said...

I think he just wants the atom or rss feed that shows the entire entry, rather than simply a link, since your entries often have the images included.

Really I don't know how it works. I don't have a blogger. I think it may be a simple setting, though, since I get the feeds from other sites, some with images.

And these word verifications really do help me realize that I just can't read.
=)

Mick said...

Like I said, I really know nothing, and approach technology much from a standpoint of magical realism, but wouldn't it be easier just to enter the blog via the actual URL

http://doc40.blogspot.com/

I found you can use the word verifications as anagrams to create wholly original obscenities.

M. Bouffant said...

Were Jeebus a real man (instead of the wimpy space elf he is) he would've pulled that naughty girl's panties down for some real punishment. Or would've tried that crap on a naughty boy his own size.

Anonymous said...

A paddle with holes in it is supposed to hurt more than one without. Does the same a apply to a hand with holes?

Anonymous said...

Come one Mick. You can't just show us a panel from that crazy comic without even a name for the site..

Mick said...

I'm afraid I can because I literally stumbled across it and that's all that was posted. I don't even know the title of the comic or whatever. In fact, I'd be glad to hear from anyone who does.

A Strange Lad said...

I agree wholeheartedly with m. bouffant... :-) ...and regarding the quote... the pilgrims did that very thing with cruel regularity to the natives.