Friday, August 22, 2008

EGO, NOSTALGIA, AND THE YOUNG REVOLUTIONARY



They tell me that I could be a quite persuasive public speaker back in the 20th century. I don’t know how true this is. I recall I did spend probably too much of my time fretting the ethical problems of self promotion and the paradox of the rock star as revolutionary and the revolutionary as rock star. A few antique video clips do seem to confirm that I used to be able to turn a phrase, and thus the discovery of this old photo created both regret and nostalgia that, where once I ranted, I now merely blog. I’d was also pleased to see the young image of our contemporary Doc40 pal, London Steve, looking into the camera. Steve was White Panther Minister of Pranks and Explosions, and also a master at the noble art of poker, which I figure he still is today. Ah but it takes me back.

CRYPTIQUEIf you lose hope, you can always find it again.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ib said...

So, tell me Mick ? Where can I get one of those button badges with the "Farren For President Gas" slogans ?

Mick said...

We don't need no stinking badges.

ib said...

Ah, but you say that now. If you're interested I can rustle up a - how many d'you need, dude ? 50,000 ? 500,000 ?

I can do you a special rate...

Mick said...

If elected, I shall not serve...

ib said...

serve the servants = self-service.

Anonymous said...

do what now?

Löst Jimmy said...

Doc40 - another fine portrait if I may say so

Mick said...

You may.