Friday, September 26, 2008

HOW HARD CAN THEY GET?



The simple answer is I don’t have a clue. I worked all night, and, as I was about to go to bed, I learned that Washington Mutual had collapsed. I sat around and thought that one into the ground, which engendered some bad dreams. I only crawled from my bed in time for the first presidential debate, and right now I’m still trying to grok the scary fullness. I was not overly impressed with Barack’s performance, but maybe I was expecting too much. At the same time, nothing seems real and there’s plenty to get hung about. All I can say is stay tuned. Panic is optional.

The secret word is Grim

6 comments:

Benjamin Owens said...

You only just heard about WaMu??

I've been following that for a while since I'm local... been telling people I know to get their cash out & some listened, others, eh... my mom is banking there & doesn't want to hear me when I say IndyMac pt. 2 [maybe, better safe than sorry].

Enough excess lliquidity & off hand cash to deal with the financial crisis, sure, from an executive perspective... but if you're banking there...

I really dislike waiting in lines.

Benjamin Owens said...

I REALLY DISLIKE WAITING IN LINES!

... fuck.

Anonymous said...

A major bank going under is a bit too Grapes Of Wrath, even if you knew it was coming.

Anonymous said...

Interesting debate, yeah? After hearing about it 15 or 20 (maybe even more) times, I got the distinct impression that McCain was in a P.O.W. camp a while back.

Of course, it could've just been his hypno-tie making me woozy.

Anonymous said...

McCain was a POW?

Oh, I gotta vote for him now. That's like super patriot points +1000!

Benjamin Owens said...

Pfffrrrrrt.... everybody knows that SPP doesn't govern one's HP or MP & is therefore unessential & can be viewed as an extra. Besides, on the Human Compassion front, McCain poisoned himself W/ the nuclear subject, doing at least a negative 10,000 to his HP w/ a null effect on his mana regeneration & a powerful drain on stamina... then again, leave it to what was already only a partially functioning corpse to begin with to live through something like that.