Saturday, December 20, 2008

YOU CAN TAKE THE TRASH OUT OF THE TRAILER, BUT YOU CAN'T TAKE THE TRAILER OUT OF THE TRASH


No matter how vehemently I resolve to never mention Klondike Barbie ever again, stuff keeps happening. I mean, here am I with a book charting the cultural history of amphetamine being published next year, and I should stand by my word and not crow like Nelson Munz (Ha-ha!) when Keith Olbermann tells me how Palin’s daughter’s prospective mother-in-law has been busted for possession and manufacture of unnamed substances? I don’t think so. (Ha-ha!) I make too many rash promises. And when Wasilla is widely described as The Meth Capital of Alaska, one can only assume the offending substance is speed. (Ha-ha!) Thus, in a crude nutshell, it’s been revealed to us that the Gov’s daughter was knocked up by the son of the local lady meth cooker. (Ha-ha!) Another vignette of small town family values? It would make a movie-of-the-week if we still had such things.

The secret word is Crank

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha-ha!

Anonymous said...

Nothing funny about this broad. She's a goddamned monster.

WV is stabsom

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to read this history of amphetamine that you've written Mick. When is it published?

Mick said...

The book, tentatively titled "Speed! Speed! Speedfreak!" was supposed to come out in the spring of 2009 but, due to the blighted economy and other factors, it's been delayed until the autumn. I will tell more as I know more. I can, however, say there's a plan to make the finshed copies the same shape as black beauty/bomber. And we may ask Lemmy for a foreword.