Friday, February 27, 2009

ELVIS SLAPS SHEREE



Two days ago, the subject of movie star Sheree Noth came up, (see last Wednesday’s comments) which, in turn, caused me to happen across this very odd still of Elvis slapping Sheree from the movie The Trouble With Girls. I’ve (mercifully) never seen The Trouble With Girls, so I don’t know the context, but when I saw the pic, I knew I was going to post it. It was such a bizarre (and also changed) punkoid artifact, and that’s the way the demon rolls. I also decided that Doc40 readers were big enough and blasé enough to handle it, but, before I pushed the button, I would agonize for a pointless period about that cultural correctness of so doing. Would this do harm? What fall-out would result if I ran and how I’d feel if I censored myself? In the end, the only answer was “fuck it” and click “post.”

The secret word is Conflict

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw this and immediately thought of my most recent reading involving Elvis, in which he was upbraided because, as a simulacrum, he was too eager to please his mistress.

Then I realized..."Oh, yeah. Chairman Mick wrote that, too." It's the DNA Cowboys trilogy. :-)

Is such a deep immersion in Chairman Mick good, or is it bad?

Anonymous said...

Never did me any harm.

(WV reads sasehero)

Anonymous said...

Slap Happy

Urban Dictionary Definition No. 6

"A game played with friends where you slap each other over and over again and laugh uncontrollably.

Good for long car rides."

Hmm. That must be it

Mr. Beer N. Hockey said...

Oddly powerful photograph. Elvis looks more like Kurt Russell than Elvis.

Dick Headley said...

It's not as bad as it looks. Elvis is just trying to sober Nita Bix up.

Anonymous said...

why? they whine,why not!

Anonymous said...

You had to post it, didn't you?

WV = undedb