Sunday, February 22, 2009

THIS REALLY WAS A STRANGE COMIC



Our pal Roldo sent over this amazing artifact. It’s a comic book created by Chris Welch, Chris Rowley, and me back around 1972. It was a luridly stoned precursor of The Road Warrior, and the premise was that an experimental psychotropic chemical weapon was accidently released which fried the human brain into horridly dysfunctional perma-trip mush. The only survivors were folk/freaks who’d had a previous psychedelic experience. (Yeah, we had fun back in the day.)

And by a weird synchronicity, I came into touch with Chris Welch yesterday while checking out Face Book. But I tell you about my Face Book adventures later. Right now I have much I want to write about and am summoning the energy (or maybe the entities) to do it.

The secret word is Crawling

1 comment:

Löst Jimmy said...

Great to see you back and up to full blogging capacity!

Now that's when comics were comics!
Fantastic