Saturday, October 17, 2009

YOU CAN’T TELL A BOOK BY LOOKING AT THE COVER (But sometimes it helps)


I have never been terribly adept at the kind of self-promotion that sends millions of people out to purchase millions of units of one’s product and makes one rich, famous, beloved by all in the process. On the other hand, not to repeat the modest suggestion that a few more of you might just like to order a copy or two of Zones Of Chaos – my brand-new collection of my poetry and short prose – would be self effacing to the point of absurdity. So, for those of you who haven’t done so already, here’s the basic how-to-get-it information…"Available now: ZONES OF CHAOS, a maelstrom of poetry, prose, essays, lyrics, commentary and fiction from the legendary Mick Farren, featuring an introduction by Michael Moorcock! The book is $14.95, with free shipping in the US (and reduced cost shipping to the UK at $4 per copy). Contact Borderlands Books, toll-free 888 893-4008, or via email at orders@borderlands-books.com . When you order, they'll just need to know the address you'd like the book sent to, the number of copies you'd like, and how you would like to pay for your order. For payment, you can call, fax, or email your Visa or Mastercard information (card number, expiration date and three-digit security code to orders@borderlands-books.com ), or you can send a check or money order made out to Borderlands Books to the address below. Don't miss this mind-blowing collection, which includes a previously unpublished Victor Renquist story. Order now and you'll receive your copy signed by the Dark Prince of Pop Fiction (that's Mick) himself. (For wholesale enquiries or other questions, email office@borderlands-books.com.)"

The secret word is Acquire

3 comments:

aaron said...

Very much looking forward to this. Just finished re-reading the DNA Cowboys books. I think I will save this book for my birthday later this year so I can read it in one day.

What kind of beer would you recommend to go with this?

Mick said...

Indian Taj Mahal.

aaron said...

Just ordered my signed copy! I'm going to try and save it for my birthday in December. Maybe I'll give it to my girlfriend to hide...