Monday, November 30, 2009

DIANA DORS AND GEORGE





















And just to accentuate the my general sense of darkness-before-dawn unreality, here is a picture of Diana Dors and a robot called George. For those who frown unknowingly, Diana Dors was Britain’s domestic Marilyn Monroe in the 1950s, and George the robot – more a remote controlled mechanical man – was supposedly built by built by Diana's husband, Denis Hamilton, but it looks a lot like earlier models built by one Captain W. H. Richards. (The whole package is compliments of out goodbuddy HCB.) And on the theme of girls and robots we have a tease of new material being posted on Katy Manning and the Daleks. Stay tuned.

4 comments:

Munz said...

Concerning your reference to "my general sense of darkness-before-dawn unreality," do your instincts tell you that things will get worse before they get better? If, indeed, they can ever "get better."

WV - Phipuse

Mick said...

This time last year, I was waiting for Barack Obama to embark on his New Deal first 100 days. Today my only hope is that the aliens will arrive in the nick of time.

Anonymous said...

Is it just me, or is her hand right where I think it is?

Is she feeling up the robot in a rather forward manner?

Ian said...

My Grandad(Captain W. H. Richards)built this robot. If anybody has any info, anything at all, about it and it's brother, they were George and Eric, I would greatly appreciate it.

Please contact me at r887661@yahoo.com

Thank you,

Ian