Monday, June 21, 2010

PALIN SMOKED DOPE














I guess this kinda negates the idea that smoking marijuana can in any way make you a better person. Sarah Palin has admitted to smoking when it was legal for personal use in Alaska, saying she "can't...say that I never inhaled." The state recriminalized the drug in 2006.

“Former Alaska GOP Gov. Sarah Palin said Wednesday night that law enforcement should not focus its energy on the “minimal problem” of marijuana. Palin made the comment during an appearance on the Fox Business Network with Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas). The libertarian Paul said enforcing marijuana restrictions specifically and the war on drugs more generally is a “useless battle,” a point Palin somewhat agreed with, though she was clear that she does not support legalization. "If we're talking about pot, I'm not for the legalization of pot,” Palin said. “I think that would just encourage our young people to think that it was OK to go ahead and use it.” “However, I think we need to prioritize our law enforcement efforts,” Palin added. “If somebody's gonna smoke a joint in their house and not do anybody any harm, then perhaps there are other things our cops should be looking at to engage in and try to clean up some of the other problems we have in society.” Palin then urged law enforcement to “not concentrate on such a, relatively speaking, minimal problem we have in the country.”

She totally ignores, of course, the fact that some 80% of those incarcerated in the US are in the joint for drug related crime. Hardly a minimal problem.

Click here if you want to be a bird

2 comments:

Your driver said...

I need to listen to the Holy Modal Rounders daily.

What creeps me out is the fact that many, many dreadlocked "hippie" idiots are reading Palin's words and thinking "Wow, maybe she's not so bad after all."

Mick said...

Yeah. I wondered about that, but then I thought "fuck it", I can't be pandering to misconceptions of idiots.