Friday, July 30, 2010

HAVE GUN – WILL TRAVEL















My cup runneth over. Encore Westerns is now running episodes of Have Gun – Will Travel daily at 6.40pm (Pacific). It was the total favorite TV western series of my childhood. Better even that Maverick or Wanted Dead or Alive. (And I still own a genuine Have Gun lunchbox.) Back in 2008, there were ugly rumors that a movie was being planned with Eminem as Paladin. Mercifully that now seems to have gone away. I don’t think I’d like to see a Have Gun – Will Travel movie, unless, of course, I was hired to write it.

Click here for Duane Eddy

6 comments:

M. Bouffant said...

You could get this stuff across the pond during your yout'? Again, I must apologize for Yank cultural hegemonism.

Flo & Eddie & FZ's "Have Gun Will Travel."

Mick said...

When I was a kid in the UK maybe 50% of our TV was American. And we only had two channels.

stu said...

paladin.i loved that series,i was about 6.

Peter L. Winkler said...

This series can be streamed from Netflix.

peterrocker said...

Who would you cast as the lead???

Mick said...

Damned if I know. They don't let writers do casting. Maybe James Franco, if he could toughen up a bit, or Benicio Del Toro, if he could lose the accent.