Thursday, April 07, 2011

DESTROY ALL ART!

“Gauguin is evil. He has nudity and is bad for the children. He has two women in the painting and it’s very homosexual. I was trying to remove it. I think it should be burned. I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.”

Thus spake Susan Burns after trying to destroy “Two Tahitian Women”

“The Paul Gauguin masterpiece that was attacked Friday by a woman at the National Gallery of Art “sustained no damage,” the museum said Monday, after conservators examined the canvas. The painting, owned by the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York and valued at $80 million, is expected to be back on view at 10 a.m. Tuesday, the gallery announced. The work, “Two Tahitian Women,” is part of the exhibit “Gauguin: Maker of Myth,” which opened in late February. A museum visitor, identified in documents filed with the D.C. Superior Court as Susan Burns, 53, of Alexandria, grabbed the painting by its frame and attempted to pull it off the wall. She then hit the painting, which was protected by a plexiglass shield, with her right fist, the court papers said. Burns, who was handcuffed and detained, has been charged with attempted theft in the second degree.” (Click here for more)

Click here for The Band

The secret word is Ear

2 comments:

Aleleeinn said...

I AM IMPRESSED!! The CIA as an agent for moral rectitude. There is so much wrong with this woman's brain. I'm speechless.

Joe the Lion said...

I guess the chip in her head short-circuited.